Event promotion is just one of the many aspects of running a great event. Add this to your logistics, risk management, entertainment, funding, reporting, and community consultation and it is easy to see how event managers can feel overwhelmed at times.
To make life easier we've compiled the following resources that will make promoting your event easier.
Value of Events
Events are vital to our visitor economy. They help foster healthy and engaged communities, they bring visitors to the region and they create an affinity with a destination that can result in a "we need to come back here" mindset for visitors. With this in mind we've provided the following suggestions to help your event promotion in
Events across the Heart of Victoria range from niche dinners and wine tastings, to local and regional markets, to weddings and functions, to major events in sport, wine, automotive and fishing sectors.
Event Promotion via ATDW
We strongly encourage every event coordinator to list their event on the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse. A listing on the ATDW is both an essential and fantastic marketing opportunity for every event.
The benefits of listing your event on the ATDW include:
- It is free for all events.
- A single listing on ATDW is distributed to a wide range of other tourism websites. In short by listing your event on ATDW you can automatically appear on your local council website, our consumer website (heartofvictoria.com.au), visitvictoria.com (the official tourism website for Victoria), australia.com and up to another 150 websites listed here.
- A single place to update your event listing. If you have any changes to your event (musicians change, your plans adapt due to weather, you have exciting news) by simply updating the one listing in ATDW your changes are immediately available to all distributor websites showing your event.
- Consumers often check 'authority' sites, like VisitVictoria to ensure an event is 'legit'. An ATDW listing will put your event on all key authority sites.
- It is great for your search results (in Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc) as it instantly gives you superior backlinks from authority sites.
Ready to list your event on the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse?
Social Media Toolkit
Tourism Research Australia released a fantastic 8 step Social Media Toolkit for event organisers.
This resource is a step-by-step "recipe" for social media success for your next event and provides worksheets, timelines, example posts at different phases of event preparation, reporting metrics and other hints and tips.
Events across the Heart of Victoria
Are you looking for a comprehensive list of all events across the region? Perhaps you want to know what other events are scheduled around your preferred dates? Or maybe you just want to head and and enjoy a fun day out.
Visit our regional event page on our heartofvictoria.com.au consumer site and see all the events listed on the ATDW for our region.