When: Queens Birthday Long Weekend 2013
Time: 10:00am - 4:00pm Daily
Info: The Alexandra Truck, Ute and Rod show is a great family day out, with free admission, kids amusements in the park and plenty of food and refreshments on sale.
This Holiday Planner is designed for you so you can just pack up the car, jump on a train or get off the freeway and visit our beautiful and diverse region. It features suggested touring options that showcase the region; you’ll have township, accommodation, dining and attraction information at your fingertips; design your holiday around activities that appeal to you!
Download your copy of the Holiday Planner (31.7mb PDF)
Pick it, catch it, enjoy it!
Buxton – Molesworth – Euroa – Murchison – Shepparton
Start your journey by the pristine waters of Victoria’s Alps catching fish at the Buxton Trout & Salmon Farm. Taste the traditional Mountain Ash smoked trout and hand-milked caviar before heading to the farm-gate of Two Pickled, Molesworth, where locally-grown marinated olives and oils are a specialty among dukkahs, jellies, chutneys and preserves. Request a specialty hamper for your journey to Fare Enough, Euroa where herbal tea, dried fruit, nuts, grains and seeds offer a healthy addition.
Just up the road at Longleat Winery, Murchison, handmade cheeses have been specially matched to beautiful wines, and you can experience both while overlooking the vineyard.
To savour a true celebration of Mediterranean flavours visit Greendale Olive Grove, Shepparton and enjoy lunch at the famous Olivehouse Restaurant before dessert at the Chocolate Apple Factory, Shepparton where melt-in-your-mouth caramel and chocolate apples feature among fresh cherries, berries, fruit liqueurs and jams.
First Saturday or Sunday of the month
- Yea Country Market Saturday 9am – 2pm Yea Railway Park, Station St, Yea
- Nagambie Lakes Community Market Saturday 8.30am – 1pm Blayney Reserve
- Tallarook Farmers Market Sunday 9am – 1pm
(Excluding Jan) Mechanics Institute Hall, Main Road
- Broadford Market Sunday 8am - 1pm High St
- Shepparton Craft and Produce Market Sunday 9am – 1pm Queens Gardens, Cnr Wyndham & Nixon Sts
Second Saturday or Sunday of the month
- Alexandra Market Saturday 9am – 1pm from September to May - Alexandra Timber Tramway Station Street
- Violet Town Market Saturday 8.30am – 1pm Recreation Reserve, Tulip St.
- Wallan Old Time Market Saturday 7am - 2pm Hadfield Park
- Marysville Community Market Sunday Murchison St
- Kinglake Community Market Sunday 9am – 1pm from September to May - Main Rd, Kinglake
- Avenel Farmers Market Sunday 10am – 2pm Jubilee Park, Livingstone St
Third Saturday or Sunday of the month
- Yarck Country Market Saturday 9am - 1:30pm Yarck Hall, Maroondah Hwy
- Seymour Craft and Produce Market Saturday 9am - 2pm (Excluding Feb) Tallarook St
- Euroa Village Farmers Market Saturday 9am - 1pm Rotary Park, Kirkland Ave
- Flowerdale Community Market Sunday 9am – 1pm Flowerdale Community Hall, Whittlesea Yea Rd
- Mooroopna Lions Club Farmers Market Sunday 8am - 1pm Ferrari Park
Fourth Saturday or Sunday of the month
- Kilmore Scout Market Saturday 9am - 2pm - Hudson Park, Sydney St, Kilmore (runs on LAST Saturday of the month)
- Riverside Plaza Community Market 9am - 2pm - Riverside Plaza, Shepparton
- Kinglake Produce and Artisian Market Sunday 9am – 2pm Kinglake Whittlesea Rd,
- Marysville Farmers Market Sunday, Murchison St
For food lovers
- Come to the region for one of the many long lunches held in March each year
- Enjoy Tastes of the Goulburn in October annually
Did you know?
- 85% of Australia's trout is from the Goulburn River Valley region
- We are home to over 80 olive and olive oil producers