Explore the Heart of Victoria with the Goulburn River Valley Tourism Holiday Planner!
It is designed to encourage you to pack the car, jump on a train or get off the freeway and visit our picturesque region.
With a myriad of different touring options you have many choices to choose from to suit your tastes and interests, so come along and explore the Heart of Victoria.
Pick it, catch it, enjoy it!
Buxton – Molesworth – Euroa – Murchison – Shepparton
Start your journey by the pristine waters of Victoria’s Alps catching fish at the Buxton Trout & Salmon Farm. Taste the traditional Mountain Ash smoked trout and hand-milked caviar before heading to the farm-gate of Two Pickled, Molesworth, where locally-grown marinated olives and oils are a specialty among dukkahs, jellies, chutneys and preserves. Request a specialty hamper for your journey to Fare Enough, Euroa where herbal tea, dried fruit, nuts, grains and seeds offer a healthy addition.
Just up the road at Longleat Winery, Murchison, handmade cheeses have been specially matched to beautiful wines, and you can experience both while overlooking the vineyard.
To savour a true celebration of Mediterranean flavours visit Greendale Olive Grove, Shepparton and enjoy lunch at the famous Olivehouse Restaurant before dessert at the Chocolate Apple Factory, Shepparton where melt-in-your-mouth caramel and chocolate apples feature among fresh cherries, berries, fruit liqueurs and jams.
First Saturday or Sunday of the month
- Yea Country Market Saturday 9am – 2pm Yea Railway Park, Station St, Yea
- Nagambie Lakes Community Market Saturday 8.30am – 1pm Blayney Reserve
- Tallarook Farmers Market Sunday 9am – 1pm
(Excluding Jan) Mechanics Institute Hall, Main Road
- Broadford Market Sunday 8am - 1pm High St
- Shepparton Craft and Produce Market Sunday 9am – 1pm Queens Gardens, Cnr Wyndham & Nixon Sts
** Please note some dates and venues have changed - August, September and October Markets to be held in Queens Gardens.
November and December Markets to be held on the Saturday in Maude Street Mall.
Second Saturday or Sunday of the month
- Alexandra Market Saturday 9am – 1pm from September to May - Alexandra Timber Tramway Station Street
- Violet Town Market Saturday 8.30am – 1pm Recreation Reserve, Tulip St.
- Wallan Old Time Market Saturday 7am - 2pm Hadfield Park
- Marysville Community Market Sunday Murchison St
- Kinglake Community Market Sunday 9am – 1pm from September to May - Main Rd, Kinglake
- Avenel Farmers Market Sunday 9am – 1pm Queen Street, Avenel
Third Saturday or Sunday of the month
- Yarck Country Market Saturday 9am - 1:30pm Yarck Hall, Maroondah Hwy
- Seymour Craft and Produce Market Saturday 9am - 2pm (Excluding Feb) Tallarook St
- Euroa Village Farmers Market Saturday 9am - 1pm Rotary Park, Kirkland Ave
- Flowerdale Community Market Sunday 9am – 1pm Flowerdale Community Hall, Whittlesea Yea Rd
- Mooroopna Lions Club Farmers Market Sunday 8am - 1pm Ferrari Park
Fourth Saturday or Sunday of the month
- Kilmore Scout Market Saturday 9am - 2pm - Hudson Park, Sydney St, Kilmore (runs on LAST Saturday of the month)
- Kinglake Produce and Artisian Market Sunday 9am – 2pm Kinglake Whittlesea Rd,
- Marysville Farmers Market Sunday, Murchison St
For food lovers
- Come to the region for one of the many long lunches held in March each year.
- Enjoy Tastes of the Goulburn in October annually.
Did you know?
- 85% of Australia's trout is from the Goulburn River Valley region.
- We are home to over 80 olive and olive oil producers.