List Your Event
... for FREE. By using the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW) you can list your event on our website and potentially hundreds of others for free.
Just follow the steps below for to create your own event listing.
What is the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW)?
The Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (referred to as the ATDW) is Australia's national platform for digital tourism information on Australia. Incorporated in 2001, it is jointly owned and managed by all Australian state/territory government tourism bodies (such as VisitVictoria).
In short, the ATDW collects product and destination information in a nationally agreed format and then makes the content electronically accessible to tourism business owners (operators), wholesalers, retailers, and distributors for use in their websites and booking systems. There is currently over 40,000 events, attractions, accommodation providers and other tourism "things" listed in the database.
Why should I list my event on the ATDW?
There are many benefits to listing your event on the ATDW. A few include:
- It's free.
- It puts your event in front of multiple audiences. In fact there are hundreds of ATDW distributors (aka; tourism websites) that feature ATDW events. These include our regional consumer website (www.heartofvictoria.com.au), the Victorian tourism website (visitvictoria.com), your local council websites, australia.com and many more. For a full list please see the ATDW Distributors page.
- Edits to your event are made in ONE location. After you have created your event you can log back into the ATDW and made edits as often as you like. These edits are then 'pushed' out to any websites that are featuring your event so you can be sure that everyone has the most up to date information.
- The template is responsive so your event should display great on desktop, tablet and mobile devices.
- ATDW provide comprehensive statistics so you can see exactly how many people are viewing your event, where, when and how. This will help you make better informed marketing decisions going forward.
- It's great for Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) as it provides an easy way to gain authoritative 'backlinks' from big websites, such as australia.com.
Another emerging benefit is that visitors will judge the "legit factor" of an event by seeing if it's listed on an 'official website' (such as visitvictoria.com). So being listed on the ATDW can also help build brand perception in the early phases of the visitor journey.
What do I need before I start?
- Date, location and contact details for your event.
- A short description of your event.
- A minimum of one photo (max 10). Photos must be in JPG format and landscape orientation and must not contain text. The minimum image size is 2048x1536 pixels - this size image can easily be captured on your phone or an inexpensive digital camera.
- You will be asked to provide additional information relevant to your event, such as disabled access, booking website, etc. If you don't have all the answers now you can always edit your event in the future.
How to create your FREE ATDW event listing
- Go to www.atdw-online.com.au (for the best experience it is recommended you use Mozilla Firefox or Chrome web browsers).
- Register as a new user by pressing the 'CREATE AN ACCOUNT' button on the lower half of the screen.
- Select the option 'I want to create a new ATDW listing for my business or event'.
- Fill in the template with your details. Click 'REGISTER NOW' at the bottom of the page.
- You will receive an email to verify your account. Click on the link in the email to verify your account.
- Go to www.atdw-online.com.au and login with your username and password.
- Click the 'ADD A NEW LISTING' option and select 'EVENT'.
- Work your way through each step (this will take approximately 10 mins) and click 'SUBMIT FOR REVIEW' when finished.
If you require assistance, please contact the ATDW Support Desk on 1300 306 366 Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
When will my event start appearing on your website?
Once submitted, your listing will be sent for QA (quality assurance) which is handled by the VisitVictoria team. They check your event image is ok and that it meets their quality checklist (if not, they'll be in touch with you). Within 1-2 business days your event will be published to the ATDW.
Our consumer website (www.heartofvictoria.com.au) checks the ATDW daily (around 2am) for any new events. Our team then approve new events on our website 3x per week. So it's possible that a new event may take 3-5 days to appear on our consumer website.
However any future edits to events will appear live on our website within 24hrs.